Peacing Out For a Awhile

Hey guys,

Frequent readers know that something exciting is happening in Twenty-Something Travel land this August! Baby girl TST is due soon. Like, really soon!

As a result, I’m going to be taking the next 4 months off from blogging. Fortunately I am self-employed so I can do this, despite living in the only developed country that doesn’t offer federally mandated maternity leave (how messed up is THAT?!).

I think it’s the right thing to do but I won’t like, it’s kind of scary for me! I think the longest break I’ve ever taken from this blog is maybe a week or two? A week or two in seven years.

I will miss it of course, but I am super psyched to get to know my new daughter, spend time with Mike (who will also be on paternity leave) and most likely watch a LOT of Netflix (any recc’s?). I might do some writing, I might even post some updates for you guys, but for the most part I’m going to focus on other things.

Good luck baby

BUT I’m not leaving you out to dry! For the past couple of months I have been organizing a massive amount of content to keep you entertained. Some of it is by me, some of it is by Megan, and our old friends Kay and Jessica,  and some of it is by handpicked guest posters who I love. I actually think it’s going to be really great.

The idea is to have a different theme for each week I am gone. Topics like Travel Disasters, and Staying Healthy on the Road as well as spotlights on countries like the Philippines and India. Just a lot of really cool and informative stuff.

Megan’s in charge!

I’m leaving Megan in charge while I’m away so you may see her popping up more in the comments and on the Facebook page. I’ll be back sometime in December with lots of cute baby pictures and some good stories (until then you can probably find updates on my Instagram).

Enjoy the posts, keep traveling, and don’t forget me!

Steph

10 Responses to Peacing Out For a Awhile

1. Kristina July 27, 2016 at 4:26 AM #

I hardly think we could forget you! Excited for you 🙂 Enjoy your time off and away (digitally)!

2. Noelle July 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM #

Best wishes on mommy-hood! Enjoy your time off.

3. Ali July 27, 2016 at 11:21 AM #

Enjoy your time off!

4. Caroline Eubanks July 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM #

Netflix recommendation #1: Jessica Jones! I’m totally obsessed. And I’ve re-watched shows like True Blood and Gossip Girl from the beginning.

5. Elizabeth July 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM #

I’m so glad you are taking time off! I did as well and felt it was so important. Congratulations and have fun with your baby girl 🙂

6. Stacia July 27, 2016 at 2:19 PM #

Netflix rec: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It’s seriously so good. Hilarious. Diverse cast. Musical numbers. What’s not to love?

• Steph July 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM #

I inhaled Crazy Ex-Girlfriend last week and now I’m sad that I’ve already seen it!

7. Cat Gaa July 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM #

Wishing you all the best in your new adventure! I found out I was expecting shortly after you started publishing about traveling – it’s been awesome! You deserve a break to not just recharge, but enjoy your baby!

Spain gives me 4 months, and I can’t wait! Enjoy it all!

8. Sonja Riemenschneider July 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM #

Congrats again! I think it’s great you’re taking some time off and taking charge of your maternity leave. Wishing you the best! Oh and I’ve been re-watching all of the gilmore girls seasons in preparation for the revival in November! So much nostalgia!

9. MissLilly August 8, 2016 at 2:35 AM #

I’m 4 weeks away from having my baby girl so I know how exciting it is! Hope everything is going well and you are enjoying this special time