Friday Postcard: Back to Europe?

Today’s postcard, of the magnificent castle that looms over Lake Bled, was taken by me, during my 2008 backpacking trip around the Balkans.

I’ve been thinking about Europe a lot lately as Mike and I brainstorm our 2015 travels. With the favorable exchange rate and lots of opportunities coming our way, it looks like we will be headed back to the continent this spring. But where? Spain? Scotland? Greece? Poland? Portugal? Lots of possibilities being thrown around right now….

If you had two to four weeks to kill in Europe, where would YOU go?

13 Responses to Friday Postcard: Back to Europe?

1. Katie Hale January 23, 2015 at 12:48 PM #

I would definitely recommend Scotland – and if you have time, nip down to the Lake District while you’re there. Though having said that, all those destinations sound amazing. Plus, I went to Croatia for a couple of days last year, and that’s somewhere that I really want to explore some more. Just in cast you want to add another one to your list!

2. Sheena January 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM #

I miss Europe! I lived in Germany for a year and traveled around as much as I could. I came back summer 2012 for a month and visited friends, went back to Germany, Ireland and London and it was great. I would LOVE to go back pretty much anytime.

3. Rebekh January 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM #

Romania is always lovely. Sighisoara is a cool little town and there is a painted monastery I always wanted to visit. Not to mention all the wonderful cheese

4. Colleen Brynn January 24, 2015 at 3:26 PM #

I would go somewhere tucked away – Andorra or Slovenia or Albania.

5. RachOC January 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM #

Explore Nordic – Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark and Norway

6. theworldonmynecklace January 26, 2015 at 6:59 PM #

That’s a hard one. I love Europe! I would probably head to Scandinavia as it is one region I haven’t been to – Finland, Sweden and Norway. Otherwise I would travel more in France including maybe a week of woofing as it is my fav European country 🙂

7. traveolani January 26, 2015 at 11:14 PM #

If I had four weeks in Europe, here is what I would visit: Portugal, Paris, three or four castle along the Loire Valley in France, Monaco, Italy – Rome, Pisa, Sienna, Venice, Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany and Prague. This road trip is on my wishlist, I hope to be able to make it a reality in the near future 🙂

• Steph January 27, 2015 at 11:48 AM #

Nice! I’m leaning towards Spain and Portugal, and maybe England.

8. Jenia from HTL January 27, 2015 at 5:11 PM #

Go to Albania! It is pristine, beautiful, and fairly easy to travel around. The beaches are gorgeous beyond anything you would expect. And I’ve heard the mountains are even better. We will be back to explore that bit for sure!

9. Justin Nelson January 28, 2015 at 6:32 PM #

We’re right in the middle of planning six weeks in Europe– we’re doing a whirlwind trip from London to Istanbul. (There’s just so much in Europe, and I’ve only been there for 10 days… I couldn’t restrict my ambitions to one place.) I’m most looking forward to Krakow, Budapest, Croatia, and Istanbul.

We’re also going to Kaliningrad, because we’re going to Poland and it’s *right there.* But Russian visas are a pain… I’m hoping we can get the new 3-year multi-entry they’re giving US citizens and thereby set things up for a Trans-Siberian Railway journey in the next couple of years.

10. Alyssa January 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM #

We only have ten days for Spring Break, so I split it between Barcelona and Avignon. Portugal is great, though — we actually have a really long layover on our flight out of Marseille, and I’m looking forward to dinner & breakfast in Lisbon.

11. Jason lewis February 6, 2015 at 12:17 AM #

Hi,
    If I were you, I would have gone to places like Lisbon(because you will have to pay far less as compare to other European cities), Rome and Paris. And for countries, I would love to go to Spain and Switzerland.

12. Russianblogger May 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM #

I think I would start in Turkey and from there go to Greece and Italy!