Friday Postcard: Sandbanks in Paradise

Now that is a beach! Today’s postcard comes from Beth, frequent commenter and a blogger at Besudesu Abroad.

The Maldives (aka paradise on Earth) is made up of 26 coral atolls in the Indian Ocean. At only 4 feet above sea level, it is the world’s lowest country.
During low tide, natural sandbanks form off many of the islands, allowing you to walk out into the sea for potentially miles. Surrounded completely by the expansive ocean, I have never felt more at peace with the world as I watched the sun sink into the horizon.
(Do you have a photo you would like to see featured here? Email me: Steph(@)Twenty-SomethingTravel.com.)

9 Responses to Friday Postcard: Sandbanks in Paradise

1. Jessie January 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM #

This looks absolutely breathtaking. So many beautiful places to visit, so little time, so little money, …

2. Rachel of Hippie in Heels January 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM #

nice! hoping to make it there from Goa this year!

3. Colleen Brynn January 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM #

The Maldives! Wow… this is amazing. I love the idea of walking out onto the bottom of the sea at low tide. The colours in this photo are stunning.

4. Christine January 17, 2014 at 8:09 PM #

Gorgeous! The Maldives are definitely on my bucket list! Every time I see a photo from the islands they look absolutely stunning!

5. Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren January 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM #

So gorgeous. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing!

Happy travels 🙂

6. Beth January 19, 2014 at 4:42 AM #

Thanks for featuring my photograph Steph!

I highly recommend visiting the Maldives in the next few years– sadly, you never know what it will be like 10 years from now due to global warming.

7. Adam January 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM #

Looks beautiful! I love how the sun is just a tiny speck and that the sunset isn’t the main draw of the photo

8. A.G @ swedenroadtrip January 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM #

Amazing! Looking forward to the next postcard, hopefully someday there’s one from where I’ve actually been.

9. Dodie January 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM #

Hey! Cheers for the lovely blog. The images make me wish I was donning a backpack right now. Thanks for sharing.