Journey Around the Balkans: A Round-up

Over the past six months or so, I have been slowly chronicling my journey through the Western Balkans. Now that I’ve completed my slowly building PR campaign, I thought I would do a round up of the many Balkans related posts I’ve written:

5 Reasons to Visit the Balkans Now

The Julian Alps in Pictures

Piran by Surprise

Croatia:

Lessons From A Croatian Party Boat

Dalmatia in Pictures

Plitvice National Park: The Land Before Time

Wow, grouped together like that it’s a lot of posts dedicated to this tiny region. I really loved my time there, so much so that I’ve resolved to return to the region during my trip next year.

, , , , ,

15 Responses to Journey Around the Balkans: A Round-up

1. Sasha May 20, 2010 at 8:09 AM #

Steph, everytime I read you posts and see you pics of the Balkans I so want to be there!!! Looking forward to the day I jump of the computer and get to see ir for real!!! 🙂
    .-= Sasha´s last blog ..On UR Way Magazine Issue #2 =-.

• Steph May 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM #

I’m sure you will love it when you do get there!

2. Rita Moreno May 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM #

I’m looking forward to having a free week to go and get to know one of these countries!
    .-= Rita Moreno´s last blog ..o 28 =-.

3. Matt May 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM #

Excellent resource Steph – what a collection of photos and advice!

Perhaps you should consider a static site with Balkans specific info …..

• Steph May 21, 2010 at 10:09 AM #

That’s not a bad idea Matt! Particularly after I go back for a second helping next spring.

4. for some reason i have always been more enthralled with the balkan area of europe than the north/northwestern europe countries. i have this image of beauty and culture in my head, and this post has managed to spark that interest in my mind once again. thanks for this great post!
    .-= [email protected]´s last blog ..Of Pixels & Personalities =-.

• Steph June 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM #

It’s definitely an area that has peaked my interest and it’s only grown with time.

5. Shelly May 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM #

I think it’s funny that every spoiled kid with the luxury of traveling the world off mommy and daddy’s money after college has to have a blog and fancies themselves unique in doing so. I yawn as a stumble through this blog in hopes that a return to uniquely creative experiences and writing is around the corner.

• Steph June 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM #

You obviously didn’t read too deeply or you would know that this is not the case. Feel free to stumble along elsewhere…

6. Shelly June 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM #

It’s relative, sure, but honestly ask yourself if you truly do not have advantages a lot of people don’t. Do you currently pay student loan payments or did your parents/family take care of that? Or were you one of the lucky few who managed a completely full scholarship (living expenses included)? Are you completely self-sufficient or does your family give you a leg up on small things that can add up to the equivalent of a plane ticket over time? You might be sick of someone assuming you’re rich, but I’m sick of privileged people who try to act like they are one paycheck away from welfare.

• Steph June 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM #

I actually do pay student loan payments monthly and cover every last bit of my travel expenses myself (I’ve been saving for my latest trip for two years). I also have a supportive family and for that I know I’m lucky- and I’ve never claimed to be anything else.

I try to offer a lot of simple hints and suggestions for saving and traveling on a budget because that is the way I travel personally. I’m not sure why spending my own money the way I see fit is offensive to you, but hey, I’m not forcing you to read along.

7. hajzlers May 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM #

macedonia is missing

• Steph May 21, 2012 at 3:32 PM #

Indeed it is! I was not able I visit on this trip. Hopefully next time.

8. Daria July 29, 2015 at 9:01 AM #

Looks like a great fun! I’m thrilled by these post-Soviet countries and their abandon places. In recent years I’ve visited famous WW I and WW II sites in Germany, now I’m planning to visit Mother Russia and nearby countries. Found an agency called Travel all Russia which offers trips around the region, seen a lot of interesting tours. First off to Moscow, have a great feeling about it!

9. Adriana December 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM #