Friday Postcard: Arlington, Virginia (Snowpocalypse Edition)

Depending on if you follow US news, you may or may not know that my hometown of DC is being ravaged by a never ending snow storm of doom. The snow started falling last Friday afternoon, and as I look out my window today (Wednesday) it still looks like someone gave a snowglobe a hard shake. We’ve had something like 30+ inches of snow over the past week (this in an area that gets maybe 10 inches a year on average)!

This was all very amusing for the first day or so, but overtime snow fatigue has begun to set in. It’s impossible to go anywhere, I haven’t been to work in over a week and the thought of doing anymore shoveling makes me want to die. I’ve been passing the time blogging and planning for next winter when I will hopefully be in much warmer climes.

Here’s hoping the sun comes out soon!

You can see more of my Snowmageddon pictures here.

(Do you have a photo you’d like to see featured here? Email me at Steph@twenty-somethingtravel.com)

, ,

7 Responses to Friday Postcard: Arlington, Virginia (Snowpocalypse Edition)

1. Chris - The Aussie Nomad February 13, 2010 at 5:08 AM #

great photos Steph I love the one with the creek in it almost looks like my idea of a perfect visit to the snow.
    .-= Chris – The Aussie Nomad´s last blog ..Win a Free 2 Week Trip to Costa Rica You Bloody Rippa =-.

2. Steph February 13, 2010 at 1:24 PM #

Yeah it was really pretty at first- won’t be in a couple weeks when it’s all melting and dirty.

3. Abhi February 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM #

In complete contrast, I am super excited at seeing snow (haven’t seen it before just lying on sidewalks, benches and what not)! :D Though sun seems to be out on my first day here in Richmond. That is nice too! How’s the weather in DC now?

• Steph February 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM #

Right now it’s alright, but i think we are getting more snow on monday!

4. jim February 17, 2010 at 8:52 AM #

Snowpocalypse! We live in Columbia MD and got a healthy 40″+ of snow… I’ve never shoveled more snow in my entire life. :)

5. Rease February 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM #

I love snow and I was pretty sad to know that my hometown (St. Louis, MO) was getting way more snow than usual, including a white Christmas. However, now that they are still suffering from school/work closings and ice storms, I’m happy to be here in Buenos Aires.

• Steph February 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM #

Yeah my folks at home are getting socked again this year. Happy to pass!